Bits and Pieces Floating in my Head

Wednesday 14 November 2007


1. When I walked my dog before, he spent about 20 paces barking at the skylight on the roof of someone's house. It made me really, really, really want to get inside his head to see how he thinks, 'cause it's kinda cool. He also goes ballistic at cows when we are in the car, but not horses. I figure that he thinks the cows are giant dogs. He does, however go mental at the giant (not real) horse outside The Paint Spot. And those giant air dancer advertising things outside Godfreys that fill up with air and swirl around to get your attention - do you know what I'm talking about? - he goes troppo at those. I hate them; they make me want to move to the country and eat a lot of peaches.

2. I'm really conscious of the pace of life, and how I can spend giant amounts of time not really getting much done at all. I used to think it was because I was lazy but now I just think it's because I'm creative. I am trying to keep my days in capitalist hell to three for the foreseeable future so that I can spend time writing on the other two days. So far, I have spread my three days out over five, so I could have a break inbetween. Now, I'm starting to think I wanna get it all out of the way in one fell swoop and do them back to back (the way I am doing them this week) and then have four days in a row to write in. I still haven't quite decided ...

3. Today at work I noticed that yet again someone had done wee wees on the toilet seat. Only, I noticed it after I had already sat down. So as I dealt with the strange feeling of having a couple of drops of the urine of one of my coworkers closer than I wanted it ever to be - a very disarming problem - I pondered why it was that women manage to get wee there in the first place. I know you men will probably find it hard to believe just how many times there are drops of wee on the toilet seat in the women's toilets. It's because they don't sit directly on the seat itself and I figured there are two reasons for that. One is that they are too scared to sit on the seat itself because they are scared they are going to "catch something". I can't imagine how anyone thinks that anymore in such a scientific age, but maybe some people do. The second reason is that some people feel ... well, a bit weird sitting where so many other bare bottoms have been sitting before them. It's a bit too ... intimate. Well, all I can say is that it feels way too intimate having your piss on my arse, so if you can't sit down, at least clean up after yourself afterwards.

Sheesh, that has been irritating me forever. I can't believe I haven't blogged about that before ;)


4. I have joined a synchroblog, and my first post is on Money and the Church (just a small topic). Why is it that now I have committed to it, it feels like "homework"? What is that all about? Why are our heads so stupid?

5. Today it was really sunny and warm and it made me happy and I feel sorry for you people who are going into winter in the Northern Hemisphere (unless you like that sort of thing) and I wish I could ferry you all over here to summer here with me.

6. I'm feeling a bit weird and vulnerable after exposing my innards on my earlier post about addictions and now I'm talkiing about wees and the toilet and it's all too much and my next posts are going to be about pointless crap and probably really boring and shall reveal not very much about me at all (hopefully)

7. Today is my Uncle Big Al's birthday and I wish he was here but he's not, but I said happy birthday out loud to him anyway when I was walking the dog and I felt like God smiled.

That's all.

No comments

Post a Comment

Newer Older