Law or Promise??

Sunday 18 November 2007

Something Wayne said (amongst many things) which has stuck with me:

What if the Ten Commandments aren't commandments at all ... but promises?

You shall not covet your neighbor's wife. One day you shall not. Because I shall have changed you, and you will no longer strive after anything because you will know that I am all you need.

Not, you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, and if you do, I'm gonna burn you up, you little worm.

Hmm, there's a lovely thought :)

I look forward to the, you shall have no slightly weird neighbours who are mowing their lawn for some strange reason even though it's really wet outside and only 9.30 in the morning.

Or even better, you shall not be petty minded about your neighbours doing stupid inane things :)

No comments

Post a Comment

Newer Older