A new movie I wanna watch

Saturday 29 December 2007

Funny Pictures

How cute is this? What on earth are those pusses up to? (I don't think this is Photoshopped?? Or am I being naive?) This pic is in honour of Andrea's puss puss Emily :( She was hit by a car last night, poor Em. She was a beautiful cat.


Today I'm gonna watch Ten Canoes. The other day I watched Noise but it kinda left me a bit flat, really. I was thinking, I don't really care about these characters in the end, despite Brendan Cowell's masterful acting. I watched The Tracker recently (excellent suggestion, Urbanmonk) and rewatched Witness (the '85 version with Harrison Ford - I love the meanderingness of that movie, the way Peter Weir filmed it was just lovely) and A History of Violence which is good even for a perve (yummy Viggo) but is one of those movies that gets me thinking about questions of identity and how much we can change.

It's good to be back in the movie armchair again. I have been off it for a while. Movies feed my creativity. Almost as much as music. Speaking of which, I've been clicking pages on EBay again and shall soon be the proud new owner of a couple of secondhand CDs (I love rescuing secondhand things; I also like knowing they had a life before they came to me): Recovering the Satellites by Counting Crows and Damn the Torpedoes by Tom Petty. Yay!!!

PS: I think the post I wrote yesterday was for catharsis more than anything else, and to show to you blog buds why I've been a bit of a fruitcake this past week. But it feels a bit unsafe having it sitting there so I think maybe it'll stay for a week or two and then get deleted. I wish life was that easy :)

So I wonder if Emily the puss has now met Hamish, Lucy, Tinker (plus the two cats we had when I was young and who I can't even remember their names - oops) in the great cathouse in the sky (if that's how cat afterlife works; I would be betting that it does work in some form. I think when it says everything shall be made new it means everything ... and everyone. Everything :)

But still - I'm sorry Andi :(

moar funny pictures

No comments

Post a Comment

Newer Older