Most depressing song ever?

Thursday 26 June 2008

Radio Susie sometimes just plays a song for a snippet. A line will come into my head and then fade out again just as quickly.

But some songs just stay. One of those is Winter in America by ... whoever the dude is who sang that song.

Seriously, that would have to be the most pathetic, depressing song I HAVE EVER HEARD! That song makes me want to smash plates. The bit where he's talking about making love with strangers just gives me a yukky feeling in my bile, and I really wish he'd just gone off and had sad masturbatory-like sex and been seasonally affectively disordered somewhere where he didn't have access to instruments, a microphone and a method of recording.

I hate that song so much. It's as big a waste of three minutes of your life as this post is a waste of half a minute. That's 30 seconds you're never ever going to get back again. Sorry about that.

5 comments

  1. I'm glad I don't think I've ever heard of it. Don't need depressing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're going through hard times, Erin :( ((Hug)))

    You definitely don't want to listen to this song, then (even though at least it's summer. Mmm, summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and it's by Doug Ashdown, if you really wanna know, but I kind of think you dont :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually like this song ;) haha, I like the bleakness of it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I"m not surprised that you would know the musical trivia attached to this song. So tell me, is Doug Ashdown dead? What are his kids' names? :)

    ReplyDelete

Newer Older