Foreign correspondent

Monday 25 August 2008

Learn to be a foreign correspondent
in your own country
question its motives
policies & procedures
laws are dead
without spirit

Learn to be a foreign correspondent
in your own mind
four-wheel-driving through your thoughts
aids stodge dislocation, scale removal
opens up another room
another world

Learn to be a foreign correspondent
in your own heart
hurl against the darkness
a thimbleful of love
pull weeds, let others hoe a little
like snuffling for truffles, let Love root out
diamonds on the inside

5 comments

  1. You know, when a poem really strikes me, I like to write it down in my sketch book. Especially that final verse. So I was just wondering, as don't know your style well enough to assume, who to credit the verses to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Goodness. (I'm not being faux humble here, I just posted this because it's the only poem I've written in God knows how long and I felt lazy for printing it in first draft. And you want to write it in your sketch book? Sheesh, the world is a strange place :)

    It's mine, baby. All mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Late as I may be.. I really like this Sue. Whether it be purely on its own or with a view to so many things going on in the world at the moment.. Nail. Head. Hit.

    ReplyDelete

Newer Older