Loop

Saturday 25 January 2014

Fearing the terror of adrenaline that courses through your body,
lighting up your fear like a bonfire

blocks

engaging with the emotion that fuelled the whole thing in the first place.

~

Engaging with and accepting the emotion lying beneath
and knowing that that is not the same as the adrenaline-fire

dispels and soothes
like some sort of magic

the adrenaline response fuelling the fear.

Crazy, huh?


"Without fear of negative emotions, there will be no anxiety".  Today's listening, to get me out of the latest anxiety loop, @ selftherapy.org. Good listening while I'm sitting around in my undies at lunchtime, trying to muster up the energy to get out there and actually do something :\

There's always a part of me that looks askance at these sorts of things and focuses on the wanky things about it that I don't like.  That's the style.  But the underlying information and knowledge and technique is what I'm after :)

Peace? by Ragnar1984 (free to share as long as you link to their page)

3 comments

  1. Yes to this. I think sometimes we fear fear more than we fear the thing we're afraid of, if that makes sense.
    And I like a youtube video that is some hippy Californian wacko doing meditation that...works. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VtfSkeqbz0&list=UU-ulDMhbY_2WnUmQKYdse6A&index=7
    Besides, askance is where is the good stuff is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, he is a very nice "wacko" :)

    Thanks for this; it's another one to add to the list. Ive done some of these breathing technique before - our breathing is so powerful, isn't it?

    That is a very interesting comment to make, that askance is where the good stuff is. I find myself feeling a little averse to askance at times ... and I have absolutely no idea why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's like the stars - they're brighter when you don't look directly at them.
      I should put that on a t-shirt.

      Delete

Newer Older