An Experiment, If You Will

Wednesday 17 March 2010

I am interested to see what other people's responses are to the space I rediscover that exists in-between our thoughts :) I re-discover it every time I do things like yoga and meditation that help me slow down and stop thinking so goddamn much. I am amazed at the difference in the quality of each moment when I live out of this space. And so I want to know what other people's experience is of this. So a little experiment. It'll only take a minute or two, if you will :)

And so this is it, simple but difficult: sit and focus on your breath for a minute or two. Close your eyes and become aware of your breath. Breathe in. Notice how it feels going into your body. Breathe out. Not so deeply you pass out :) Breathe in, pause, breathe out, pause. Sit there for a minute or two, just doing this and nothing else.

And now a question for you: what do you call that space? That space that puffs out (with enough practice) in-between your incessant, daily thoughts? I welcome your thoughts :)

Philosophical Sue

12 comments

  1. I call it Who I Really Am, and it seems to like that, Sue:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I ever have a quiet moment today, I will try that and see what I come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it is the space my soul connects with God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what does it mean when you try to do that but you just start crying?

    ReplyDelete
  5. the Ground of my Being, the Ocean of Mercy that is God

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, loving these answers!! :)

    B - it means it will be very helpful for you to continue doing it more ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...sanity, relaxation. Like that song, "Breathe, just breath"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Space, stillness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so lovely, I feel spaced out just reading these responses :)

    I like to think of it as the golden thread. It feels like that weaves through everything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The living Christ, in whose mercy is our redemption.

    (Sorry for such a late comment - things have been more than a little strange...)

    ReplyDelete

Newer Older