Walk On

Wednesday 30 January 2008

I just found out before that today is the 60th anniversary of Gandhi's death. Which is really weird, one of those serendipitous moments, because he's been on my mind a lot the last week or so. I seem to be honing in without knowing it to the memorial days of people's deaths to start thinking about them. I've mentioned him twice in passing in recent posts, and just this morning was thinking that the next time I go to the video shop I'm gonna rent the DVD about him, and then I find out that today it's been 60 years since he was assassinated. How strange it is when that happens.

Ahh, crazy idealists. Tess talks about one today, a crazy holy fool who is beginning tomorrow to walk from Bristol, UK, to Porbandar, India, with not a cent. Relying totally on the kindness of strangers. And blogging as he goes.

Bless his heart. Walk on, bro.

No comments

Post a Comment

Newer Older