Page 123

Tuesday 5 February 2008

I've been tagged by Tina. Here are the rules:

Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more.
(No cheating!) Find Page 123.
Find the first 5 sentences.
Post the next 3 sentences.
Tag 5 people.

______________________________________

Okay. Well, the nearest book to me right this second is the Griffith Review, Autumn edition (topic: Re-Imagining Australia), my birthday present from my parents, the first edition of four, which arrived in the mail today. Yippee. I love the Griffith Review. I hope one day to have something published in it. This issue is quite political, so this may be terribly boring.

"Moving beyond a system based on a half-baked colonial framework has long aligned with popular aspirations. Today business remains keen to support quite dramatic surgery to achieve simpler, more efficient and uniform approaches to national regulatioin. How to fix the problems of federalism is again a major political topic."

Well, it's kinda interesting to me, but I won't get angry if that sent you to sleep :) I find politics and issues of national identity and all that stuff interesting ponderings these days, feeling as I do like I'm kinda a bit out of the matrix. I don't feel as patriotic as I once did. (Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel, apparently, and so I'm finding other places to take refuge in before I return there :)

Consider yourself tagged if you want to play.

No comments

Post a Comment

Newer Older