An apple for my teacher

Friday 30 May 2008

I just had the last of my Writing Selves tutorials. We didn't have much content to cover today, because of a no-show to be workshopped, so in the end we sat around and chatted about the online environment, the Facebook culture, the alienation inherent in our urban societies, the gooberliness of Pentecostal churches, etc etc. It's always a buzz to have good face-to-face conversations with other living breathing beings.

This class was good content, generally because my teacher, David, puts together interesting, occasionally curve-ball stuff to get you thinking. He's a fine teacher, David (despite his penchant for Ozzie Ozbourne and Iron Maiden). Which is a good thing, because this my third class with him as my teacher.

He informed us today in our lecture that he is having a novel published next year. And now next semester he is off for half a year to an English university as a writer-in-residence (I think) where basically he gets to sit on his arse for six months and write another novel.

Really, it couldn't happen to a nicer bloke :) So fare thee well, Sornig. It's been edifying, as always, and I'll catch you on the flipside when I'm still at VicU in 2022.

No comments

Post a Comment

Newer Older