Stream of LIfe

Sunday 3 June 2012

"The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures. It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth in numberless blades of grass and breaks into tumultuous waves of leaves and flowers. It is the same life that is rocked in the ocean-cradle of birth and of death, in ebb and in flow. I feel my limbs are made glorious by the touch of this world of life. And my pride is from the life-throb of ages dancing in my blood this moment" - Rabindranath Tagore

That's a rather melodramatic sort of a quote, isn't it, maybe?  It is hard to refer to that ground of being without sounding wanky.  But still, at its best and most mystical this is what life can feel in a single moment, even if that moment is encased on either side by anxieties and pressures.


It is what I imagine I was feeling as I was reaching out to touch my grandmother's beautiful fuschia in this picture.  Completely in the moment, naked, both literally and metaphorically.


3 comments

  1. You were One with the fuchsia, in fact, Sue. And still are. Whatever that means;) The Flying Spaghetti Monster likes a bit of melodrama when it's admiring itself, by the way. This is well-known by all her children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun retro shot
    how i wish i was that age again and everyone thought my tummy was cute, not fat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!  Yeah :)

    I'd be interested to know if men think rounded bellies are a little more sexier than women think they are.  And you?  A tummy?  Where exactly are you hiding that?  :P

    ReplyDelete

Newer Older