Gratitude

Sunday 16 December 2007

My ex and I walked our dog last night and talked about things of which either I'm not allowed to speak of here, or which I don't really want to speak of here at this point in time :)

It was edifying to be able to talk honestly and openly with the man who I spent 10 years of my life with. The best bit, though, was when I asked him, "What do you call me now?" And he answered, "Well, wife, I guess. We should do something about that!" But then he said something which was a good Christmas present. "Friend," he said. "I call you friend."

I'm grateful for that. Despite my stuffing-up I still have Mocca for a friend. You can't ask for more than that. This is what it feels like in God. To have a soft landing for your stuff-ups. And this displayed by a man who is a damned heathen destined to burn eternally in the fires of hell!!!!!!!!! Whoever would have thought?

Yes, Virginia, you can be friends after a marriage breakup. It's pretty rare, but for whatever reasons of grace, or repression, or some crazy maturity we have both managed to drag up from the dregs of wherever, or snatched from off of the wind, we have managed to accomplish this. Whoever would have thought?

PS: He also told me that my current blog header is horrid. And that I behave sometimes with the subtlety of a sledgehammer. Fucking bullshit, I say ;)

PS: My blog looks horrible on his laptop. Half of it's missing, hanging over the right-hand side of his screen. And the fonts are different. And it's all much more discombobulated than I intended it to look. So for those who are viewing my blog in such misery - I'm sorry :) I'd change it but I (a) don't know hardly nothing about CSS and such things and (b) Blogger doesn't neither, as far as I know

No comments

Post a Comment

Newer Older