What Role Do You Play?

Sunday 21 September 2008


You Are the Innovator



You're the type of person who is always a step ahead of everyone else.

You thrive when you're experimenting with new designs, ideas, and attitudes.

You are a creative person with many talents. You have to have artistic outlets in your life.

You need to create - whether it's writing furiously or redecorating your home. If not, your life becomes chaotic.

You tire of doing the same thing every day. You change your job, friends, and personal style often.

You are at your best when you have a focus. If not, you develop a flaky artist's temperament.

What Role Do You Play?


Just saw this over at Lucy's. I'm a sucker for Blogthings' oh-so-psychological quizzes :) Still, this feels reasonably accurate except for the changing jobs and friends bit. I actually like having stability in my job, and I don't ditch friends easily at all (but occasionally do ditch acquaintances). But I do like doing different things, and I try on different ideas and attitudes like hats :) Today at the hairdresser, I came out with a side part and a partial fringe on the spur of the moment so yeah, I like change - just not too much at once or I begin to spontaneously combust around the edges.

Actually, I've taken this quiz once or twice before and I come up with a different one every time - which is probably because I'm such a moody little swine. Like this evening for instance. Had enough of people at the football. Suddenly had to get home by myself. Which is weird because my team had just won itself a berth in a Grand Final and it should have been party time, you know? Instead, shut myself up in my book on the train and would have possibly snarled at anyone who had the nerve to say anything to me (as if anyone would. I look pretty ugly when I'm snarly). My quota for putting up with other people had bubbled over, and I was indulging in the kind of thinking that David Foster Wallace was talking about a few posts down, looking at my fellow humans as though they were pieces of dog turd in the way of my shoe.

And yet then I get home tonight and calm down a bit (ie bawl my eyes out - I don't really understand why) and now I am fine, and once again, my fellow human looks like the rough as guts, ugly but beautiful, somehow containing dvinity within them underneath the faint smell of dog poo, people that I rub up against almost every day and can resist shooting.

But you know. There's always tomorrow :)

4 comments

  1. ...my fellow human looks like the rough as guts, ugly but beautiful, somehow containing dvinity within them underneath the faint smell of dog poo, people that I rub up against almost every day and can resist shooting.
    That's sheer poetry, sue -- you Innovator, you. I picked Thomas Jefferson -- did you pick Shakespeare?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Thanks! It's honest at least,whatever it is. At least I can stand on that :)

    No, I picked Gandhi actually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I'm an innovator too. And I also picked Gandhi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what I hate about this quiz? That the "most inspiring people" are ALL MEN! Where's Mother Theresa? Where's Marie Curie?

    Anyhow, I'm a guru. Always a guru. Don't hate me because I'm awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Newer Older